Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Keep Preaching"


 
My wife and I went to a wedding this weekend to a friends wedding in Sioux Falls.  I try to be open
to be used by God wherever I am.  So this weekend it was in Sioux Falls. 
 
 While my wife stayed in the hotel room sick from the pregnancy, I headed over to the reception.  It was a surprise wedding, so after a short speech from my friend, he and his fiance surprised everyone and preformed the ceremony that night.Great ceremony with the holy spirit obviously there.
 
  So, after the ceremony I bumped into a kid (named Vlad) who was there as an exchange student from Romania.  After I commented that his country has a great gymnastic history (he laughed, he hears it all the time.) I asked if his country was a religious county or an atheistic one. He said that it was very religious and that most people there were Roman Catholic.
 
  So I continued to ask him his age, (16 to my surprise, seemed older) presented the gospel to him, and then asked him if he knew where he would go if he died tonight.  Without hesitation he said, "Hell."  Surprised, I asked him if that concerned him.  He said yes and we kept talking for a few more minutes.  Then I asked him the same question again, and he said, "Heaven."  I said, "What, five minutes ago you said you would go to hell."  He agreed and said that he prayed in those five minutes.
 
  "Really?!" I asked.  "Yes"  He said.  We went out to the balcony and I believe I witnessed God save someone right in front of my eyes.  We talked some more but I had to get back to the reception.  So over the next two hours he came up to me three or four times telling me that he felt "enlightened", he told me to "keep preaching", and was obviously moved by the Holy Spirit.  Awesome!!!
 
  God can work anywhere, any situation, anytime.  To all who are reading this, "Keep preaching!"
 
I Pray that all who read these posts are encouraged and know that we take no credit or no glory for the work God is doing through his children.
 
Scott 

1 comment: