Sunday, September 23, 2012

another park

 The family went to another park on Saturday evening. It was an elementary school that is not being used.

There were kids from the neighborhood there that were getting out of hand.

Wendy tells me to "go tell them about Jesus". I say to her that they are girls and it does not look right for a man to be talking to young girls. There ages were about 11 to 14 and there were 4 of them and a younger brother.

 She tells me that she is there and has my back in case someone has a problem with me speaking to the girls.

 The brother and sister were spitting on each other. Wendy says knock that off and they do.The sister seemed to be babysitting a 4 year old girl and not doing a good job of it. Nora goes over and asks her if she wants to play and they do. 

I get right up and move towards them with bills in my hand. I begin going through the 10 commandments and what would happen if we were to die suddenly. They are concerned and one girl says she just learned that at church.

I present the gospel and tell them to read there bibles and do what it says.  And that they need to repent and trust Jesus Christ as there savior.

I gave 2 other boys tracts and presented a short message. There parents got to the park and the boys gave them the bills. I seen the dad reading the message on the back and I prayed for them all.

We give Nora the 5 minute warning before we got to leave. Another family shows up to shoot some hoops. As we are leaving I walk over and hand dad, son,and daughter a tract. I give a short message and we depart and get in the car.

 Mike

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment