Thursday, October 18, 2012

We walk by the Spirit

We once again traveled to downtown Minneapolis to bring the word of God, and plant seeds of salvation. It was a great night of witnessing.
 
I will say that I sensed a strong presence of dark forces at work against us on this night. Or perhaps it was just that I really noticed the darkness that is the standard on the streets of Minneapolis these days. It is getting hard to see a lot of the drug use and drinking that is blatantly out of control. It is discouraging.

On Friday night, it seemed that whenever we spoke to people, there was someone trying to distract or block out the Gospel. In the past two trips there have been dangerous encounters with drunk individuals.
We walk by the Spirit, and we are protected by Christ.

 But for me there is still fear. I fear sometimes for my own life. I fear for the life of my family if something were to happen to me. I fear for those that I see on the street who are homeless. I fear for those I meet who think they have life figured out and under control, but are in fact headed to Hell. And every time I leave my family to go and deliver the Gospel to these lost souls, I do it out of obedience, and because I truly believe in the message I am bringing to the lost.

Jason, Paula, and I met a man named Keith who was 23 years old. He had been in and out of prison many times, and spoke in prison lingo. He said he had yet more warrants out for his arrest. He told us he was an addict. We talked and listened to Keith for about 45 minutes. We prayed with him, and we prayed for him. We planted a seed for Christ with this man, each of us related to him in our own way.

We need more men and women to come with us and plant the seeds of truth. People like Keith do not go to church. This is a big reason we do what we do.

Phil 

No comments:

Post a Comment