Thursday, October 4, 2012

Amazing Grace

I was blessed to join the Jesus Freaks this  past Friday. It was Amazing.  I was really nervous at first but that quickly went away.  I expected more rejection from the few other times I've done this.  I think it was because before I had a set spiel to say and didn’t listen to their stories enough and I didn’t seek the Holy spirits urgings of what to say or do before.

 I was pretty floored when a lady told me Jesus saved 13 years of Meth addiction from her.  As she said that another lady near her perked up and said Jesus saved her from 5 years of cocaine addiction.  God is so powerful and it shook me pretty good when they told me and the one lady showed me her tattoo covering much of her forearm stating “Amazing Grace saved a Wretch Like Me”  We got to only talk for a bit since their bus was coming but we chatted a bit about how I loved that they set aside seperation of church and state when they sentence people with addictions to Teen Challenge which bases a lot of their curriculum on the christian faith because it works better.  God changes and I love that even the secular have to admit it

I got to roll with Scott C. and he was a blessing to watch showing love to all me met.  One time though I could tell he was angry when a man wearing a cross was yelling obscenities at some woman especially cause this guy was wearing a cross and stated to us that he I didn’t believe. Conviction runs deep in Scott. I was blessed to pray for a man named Donn.  He made sure I knew his name was spelled with two N’s.  He was an alcoholic drinking on the street rolling up cigs when I approached him.  He said he’d do anything to get his life back away from alcoholism and I assured him after the two ladies I had met earlier in the night that God can change.  He said he’d try anything.  I told him Jesus just isn’t anything, he’ll change your whole heart and life if you allow him to. I talked with him awhile more about his life as a marine and more Jesus Christ volunteer death out of Love for us, gave him a Bible and a tract and he allowed me to pray over him. I encouraged him to read the Gospels and seek the Lord to change him.  

 The other contrasting encounters that amazed me was that we had pretty good dialogue with people going into strip clubs but zero dialogue with people in nice clothes coming out of nice restaurants.  Both sinners who need the Lord but when you think your good to start with your not as open to Gods grace.  I got to talk to a two lesbian girls one who said Jesus had kept her 5 months away from another woman and the other who just looked broken and took in all I said.  She looked like she was going to cry and she had a black eye so I continued hoping it was the holy spirit moving.  I parted telling her that Jesus will wreak havoc on your heart if you let him and told her i’d pray for her.  I regret stopping talking to her since Scott was talking to one of her friends for another ten minutes but she now had wiped her eye and was reading the tract.

   I got to pray with Scott for a guy named Ryan who stayed at Harbor light.  He was struggling and his girlfriend just got pregnant.  Its pretty amazing to see God work and to be part of his plan.  I couldn’t have been more blessed by Scott and the other Jesus Freaks. 

 God is so good and it was very evident that night.

Michael E.

No comments:

Post a Comment