Saturday, October 13, 2012

still sadened

10-12-2012

Spiritual warfare was clearly noticeable this evening. I did not really understand it was occurring until taking a second look at things.

Often times when speaking to a person about their eternal destination there would be a second person (usually intoxicated, unrelated to whoever I was speaking to) that would approach and interrupt the conversation. I remember talking to a young man named Keith, when a car blaring its rap music pulled up to a nearby curb…and proceeded to turn his music up while we attempted to share the Gospel.
Nothing is coincidence.

One of the highlights for me tonight was speaking to a group of valets. I asked the group if they had any thoughts on heaven or hell. To my excitement, one said he knew the Lord personally, had been forgiven of his sins, and was sure he was going to heaven. I noticed that this was getting uncomfortable for one of the young men. I asked him if he knew where he was going, and he had some uncertainty on his face when he said “I suppose heaven?” At this point he had to help a customer, leaving me with the other believer. He said he worked with this other guy for the past 4-months but hadn’t yet talked to him about Jesus. I left him with a bible to give his co-worker and encouraged him to share his faith.

I am amazed at what God has been producing in this group of Jesus Freaks. We’re still saddened when people show no interest in the Gospel, or when people react with hostility towards the message. I see God working in my life to reduce the amount of discouragement during these encounters. I am so thankful for this work He is doing, that He’s given me such a heart for others and for words to say in each situation. When I’m out on the streets, I see the Truth of God’s Word come alive. I think God expanded my understanding of the parable of the sower tonight. I trust in Jesus to continue His work in these differing soils. Help us all to be obedient to preach to all the world.

All for His glory,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment