Tuesday, October 16, 2012

new fire

Friday night was filled with an awesome array of conversations. There were six of us on the streets proclaiming the gospel in the heart of Mpls..

We met up with Johnny who just got saved 3 weeks ago. When I was introduced to John at church through Mark VP I witnessed to him not knowing. I took him through the Law gave him the gospel and asked him when he was going to do it (repent and trust).

He had told me that he did it that morning over coffee with Mark. Praise Jesus I exclaimed.

We continued to fellowship and I told him what we do on the streets. John with excitement tells me that he wants to come out with us. I explain when we go out again and tell him where we meet him.

John is staying at the Salvation Army in downtown. John tells me that he has a curfew but has a permission slip to stay out and I need to fill in the blanks. Awesome!

It was time foe John to go and I gave him tracts and 10 bibles to hand out inside. I say to John only give the bibles to those who will read them. He agrees with me and crosses the street.

I see John at church on Sunday talking in the foyer. I approach him and give a hug. He tells me that he only has 2 bibles left. He tells me that he gave one away and then people came to him asking for one. I gave John more tracts when he left after church. I will give him more bibles next week.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment