Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Grave encounter.


What an amazing thing that we witnessed today at the Anoka Halloween parade.  The unreal number of tracts that were scattered was one thing, but the boldness that I witnessed through those who attended was very encouraging to my faith.  Our boldness today was from Him and Him alone.
 
        There were a few encounters today for me that I knew God was at work.  And this is one of them.
        Dave, Steve, Matt and myself headed out from the start and immediately began scattering Gospel tracts. People loved these things! A few even ran up to us to ask for more so they could give them to their family and friends. Pretty cool to see people run to the Gospel.  Pray that these people will read, understand, and be forever saved by the life changing message. God is able!! 

        So, about ten minutes into our walk, we ran into a man shaking many people's hands and all of a sudden he shakes mine.  I said hi and asked him if he wanted a tract. He said he couldn't take money because he was campaigning.  I told him it was obviously fake and he laughed and took it from me.  At this time I recognize this man from TV ads. It was Jim Graves who is running against Michelle Bachmann.  I was a little star struck to be honest with you, and he asked me what these million dollar bills were.  I said that it was a gospel tract and if he was a man of faith.  He said he was Catholic.  I proceeded to ask him if he knew where he would go when he dies.  He told me that he hopes he would go to heaven.  He asked if I would vote for him, I said I didn't live in his district, and we shook hands again and went our separate ways. 
 
       Now I don't know if this man is saved or not, but I do know one thing.  I never knew I was going to heaven until I was born-again September 13, 2001 through the grace, mercy, and forgiveness of Jesus Christ who forgave me of ALL my sins.  Until that point I only hoped.  I challenge those of you who are reading this to pray for this man.  I believe that this man can and will be used by God in mighty ways.  God created the universe, what makes us doubt His power?  Make yourself available to be used by God everyday.   
 
Very humbling day.......the Jesus Freaks give all honor, glory, and power to Jesus Christ.
 
In Christ,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment