Monday, November 5, 2012

What is sanctification ?


                                                             

It's a doctrinal term that basically refers to our spiritual cleansing, set a part , growing in God's word, being different from what the world wants you to be. It all starts at the point of our spiritual birth, when you and I place our trust in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit starts residing within us .

When we commit sin we feel convicted and guilty . That is exactly what the Holy Spirit does , to awaken our senses so we can avoid commiting sin or avoid feeling drawn to moral debauchery.


It's like having a transcendental super ego which controls our moral barometer. When I see somone swears to God, my body shivers and I feel like there is a massive knot of pain in my stomach and it's churning my stomach inside out . One of the fruits of being sanctified is that we become more sensitive to our lusftful nature and I think this is the foundational function of the Holy Spirit that empowers us to see our inequities so we can entreat our Lord to give us a regenerate heart.

I struggle with sin just like everybody else ; i am not better than anybody or smarter than any one of you. When I talk about Jesus our Lord , I ask the Holy Spirit to guide me to say what needs to be said.

I don't want to be creative, I don't want to be innovative, I don't want to embellish things. I just want to say what the bible says that is all. 

 I don't go out to seek meaning to the scripture in order to please everybody and making the scriptures less offensive. Th meaning of the scripture is in the scripture ; if it is offensive to people then be it , because it's God's word not mine.

we need to humble ourseleves before almighty God so we can discern His word through which we can obey His purpose, His will and His plan. We need to trust Him everyday , we need to ask Him to guide us in our pursuit to holiness, purity, and humility which are the fruits of sanctification.

Sometimes it pains me to see my hypocrisy , duplicity and a shallow understanding of the bible ; but I know that is the Holy Spirit who indwells within me that enables me to see my sin so I can rely more & more on God to rescue me from all of that.

I write with passion when it comes to God and I love you all so much that I want to urge you to embrace Jesus because through Him you'll see the light and through Him you'll be saved forever.Pursuing God's redemptive plan for your salvation requires self denial not self-fulfillment,  it requires  you to live your life for Christ not for the world or making people happy. As a matter of fact , Jesus said," He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me" Matthew 10:37 I think that wraps it up as far as what we need to do in order to be His faithful disciples.

Bond slave of Christ
,
barukzoy

No comments:

Post a Comment