Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Our Ultimate Refuge


Where do we find unshakable confidence to go on when a devastating tragedy strikes? King David, a man who was familiar with tragedy throughout his life, wrote:

“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge. (Ps.62:5-8).

David’s exhortation 1,000 years before Christ is still true today. The only refuge for the battered souls and broken heart is to have relationship with God who has shown how deeply He loves and cares for us. (Rom. 5:8)

Jesus Christ {The anointed One} invites us to a life of spiritual prosperity and a life full of confidence and hope, even when faced with loss: “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in me” John 4:1

What does it mean to trust in Jesus? I would love to tell you this: Believing in Jesus produces trust in His ability to rescue us from our lustful desires, sin and wickedness. Trusting Jesus means depending on Him for what can never be lost (John 1:12; 3:16; 10:10). His life, death, and resurrection assure those who trust Him that they will receive His grace, mercy, peace, forgiveness, eternal life, and unfailing love. (Rom.8:31-39).

No matter what we may lose in this life, Jesus’ assurance of his abiding presence now and His promise of an eternal home with Him in heaven can become our unshakable fortress of hope and peace in times of trouble.

As always, love you all unconditionally,
Barukzoy

No comments:

Post a Comment