Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Under a shade tree

   The family was enjoying a quick bite to eat before we had a appointment to be at Monday evening.

 I went to the counter after dinner for some of those delicious cookies and gave the gal a million dollar tract after paying for our treat. She said thank you and told me that her dad has one of these on the refrigerator at home. The gal told me that her dad got it at a parade in Champlin.

Phil and I handed out tracts at the Father Hennepin days parade 2 years ago. It was awesome we handed out 1500 tracts in 35 minutes. Parade are a great place to scatter seeds because people are waiting for something to be handed to them.

As the cashier at subway showed her co-worker the tract I told the man I will give you one too. Then as we were leaving I gave 2 tracts to some High school girls sitting having a bite to eat.

Back at the park on Sunday Nora and Wendy were playing Frisbee with one of the discs that have the gospel underneath it. Nora got bored and Wendy and I played for awhile. Off to the side of us were 3 young adults(18-21) under a shade tree doing nothing. As we finished playing catch with the Frisbee I told Wendy that I am going to give this Frisbee to those under the tree.

 As I approached the three I said I see that you guys aren't  doing anything so I am giving you this frisbee to have. They said thanks as I explained that there was a gospel tract on the bottom. Then I proceeded to take out the 3 million dollar bills and gave them each one. I explained the message on the back and the girl said were you just down in Minneapolis? Yes, I was.  You gave one of these to me in front of a restaurant.

As we left they started playing frisbee. Praise Jesus!!

We are seeing God work powerfully in our mission. We cannot and will not stop the advancement of the Kingdom!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment