Wednesday, August 29, 2012

He stopped awhile

  As I was handing out tracts on Friday night Chris stopped and talked with me awhile. After asking him some questions I find out he has been backsliding for a few years. He had not read his bible for just as long.

 I asked  Chris if he was to die right now where would he go? He did not know.

 We were on the side walk on Henneppin Ave. and I said a car could lose control and kill us both and if we die without asking Christ to forgive us of our sins and trust in Him as our savior we would spend eternity in hell. There is no second chance I shared Heb.9:27  And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment.

I took Chris through the law of God and showed him our fate. I then shared the gospel of Christ and told him what he needs to do and that is repent and trust in Christ.

I talked about the parachute and he would die jumping out of a plane without one. Christ is the only way to the Father and that he needs to put on Christ everyday because we cannot do this on our own merit. Chris repented gave me a hug said thank you for what I am doing and I encouraged him to read his bible as he went on his way.

Mike

 Romans 10:15
And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”




No comments:

Post a Comment