Sunday, August 26, 2012

One plants the other one waters

As the seven of us searched for lost souls Friday night on the streets of south Mpls.. I was reminded with this scripture as I read the following day.
John 5:34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”
The night was filled with exactly as the verses describe. I spoke with Nancy and her sister for a 1/2 hour explaining our fallen state before God and where we would spend eternity as a result of decisions we make everyday without Christ as our Savior. As I was witnessing to Nancy I could see that it concerned her as she wept and thanked me for taking the time and sharing with her what she needs to do to get right with God. 
There were so many encounters that night and you could feel the Spirit moving in the streets. It was purely Awesome! To think God uses a bunch of nobody's to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ is amazing. I am honored to do the work of the evangelist.
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Thank you for sharing. I look forward to the Lord speaking to me through your blog! Please share your personal stories as well as stories from the Jesus Freaks :).

    ReplyDelete