Saturday, March 23, 2013

Oh what a night!

There was 10 of us on the streets of Mpls. proclaiming the Gospel of Christ with enthusiasm and excitement.
There wasn't as many people out as there as when it is warm, but we did not let this stop us from reaching the lost. And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." Mark 16:15

 Phil and I started out walking handing out tracts and we stopped to talk with Ron. He had been drinking and fighting with his girlfriend so he left and was walking the streets to cool off. As we talked the Holy Spirit was already preparing this mans heart. Ron busted into tears as his life was not how he intended it to be in how he could not provide simple gifts for his daughter on her birthday. We stood and listened to Ron unfold his story before us. We prayed for Ron as the Spirit had directed us. A seed was planted in the heart of this man.

We met the rest of the group and we prayed for wisdom, protection,and lives to be open to to hear the Gospel. As we were praying people would walk right through us as we were not even there. We did not let this affect our conversation with our Lord Jesus Christ. We then split up and continued on investing into the lives of others.

We had the privilege of Al walk with us and this was his first time doing any type of evangelism. I had mentioned to him that just let the Holy Spirit lead you. Shortly after that he was talking with others and handing out tracts. When he didn't know what to say Al did not let this little obstacle stop him from witnessing. He would call Phil or I to continue talking with the individual. Or as we we were talking with someone Al would speak with a person that was with our new friend. It was Awesome watching Al being obedient to our Savior. Al was doing this because he wanted to not a way of works, it was out of pure gratitude.

The college students went to Harbor Lights and had there own mission. It is amazing in how the Lord uses us in this HUGE responsibility. It is not a task it is a Passion. Do you have it? 

This is just a little taste of what goes on with the Jesus Freaks. If I was to tell you of what went on the whole night it would take me hours. If you are reading this and have not spent a night with the Jesus Freaks pray about it and find out if this is what the the Lord Jesus Christ has called you to do. How will you know if you don't take that first step in obedience. When you come out to serve the Lord in reaching the lost and it is not His will for you He will let you know.

As for me I Love sharing Jesus Christ and I will not stop until the day I die. If it is only myself on the streets then I will go alone.

 Galatians 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Is there no other reason to do it. What is stopping you from furthering the Kingdom of God?

until next time,
Mike 

No comments:

Post a Comment