Saturday, March 9, 2013

God was directing us

We were at the MOA this past Friday night 6 of us in attendance. We prayed for the Lord to open the hearts and minds of those we would be in contact with. Phil and I paired up and wasted no time in the spreading of the Gospel.

 At times we would witness together with groups or separately with 1 or 2 people. This group of 3 that I witnessed to were unbelieving, so I then asked if they believed wouldn't what I was telling them concern them. They said yes I continue to tell them that there is nothing I can say or do to persuade them to except Christ as there savior. It is between them and God and if they died tonight without the remission of sins they would spend eternity separated from God. They understood and I asked that they would search the bible for what I am saying and do not take my word as truth. I told them that mans word means nothing its Gods word that is truth

One of the women was pregnant and I asked if I could pray for her. As I placed my hand on her shoulder and continued to pray for safety for her and the baby and that God would comfort her. That He would surround them with protection and give her rest and peace. She thanked me. This is one of those times that these people will never forget when a Jesus Freak invested time into there lives. The word of God will never go void.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edgedsword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

We talked with some basketball players from Wheaton College who were in town to play ball against St.Thomas. I did not know it was a Christian college I ended up giving them more tracts to hand out to the lost as they walked. Phil and I prayed with them the Lords will in the game.

Praise Jesus it was a awesome night. There were so many encounters God was directing us every step of the way.
Mike

1 comment: