Friday, March 15, 2013

“Let the Dead Bury Their Own Dead"

 
                                                                                   (Matthew 8:22)
Jesus wants you to follow Him at all cost, don’t turn around and find excuses to stop doing  the message of the bible. Apparently, one of the disciples told Jesus that he’ll follow Him later but first he had to go back and bury his father. Jesus said,” Let the dead bury their own dead” Matthew 8:22
Following Jesus with a committed heart requires sacrifices; don’t worry about the mundane and temporal things of this world. The spiritual birth breathes in newness in you, you’d crave for the eternal light in Jesus and it may cost you everything that you own. If you are not born again the things of this world will continue to be of paramount importance to you even though, they are transient but you will also be dead in your sin. I explained the criticality of being born again to one of my Muslim associates. He was confused and said to me, he’d already read the bible a myriad of times, but wasn’t able to apprehend it. I kind of smiled and said to him it is up to the Holy Spirit to guide you and opens up your eyes to see the beauty of the gospel. He shook his head and said, “Man, I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to get it”. I gave him the parable of the wind which Jesus gave to Nicodemus recorded in John Chapter 3:6-8.
In essence, I was talking to him about the spiritual birth but I was so excited, instead of explaining the whole thing from the beginning I went directly to the parable of the wind to illustrate my point. Nevertheless, I went back and explained to him the source of the spiritual birth.  I clearly told him if he is not born again, he would never be able to see Jesus for who He is.
As the Disciples of Christ, we need to witness by boldly but lovingly proclaiming the righteous work of Christ on the cross. We should be aware of the fact that we can’t change the heart of mankind to see the glory of Christ. It’s the work of the Holy Spirit to intervene in one’s life in order to make him or her to see the redeeming work of Christ. The spiritually dead will always be buried in the temporal things of this work so it is a mandate for us as Christians to go out there and sow the seed of the gospel so with God’s grace they will inherit the spiritual birth through which they’ll be able to reap the everlasting fruits of the kingdom of God.
You’re all loved.
Barukzoy

No comments:

Post a Comment