Wednesday, April 17, 2013

every opportunity

Today I had a day off of work. So this morning I called a man about replacing the garage door springs as ours had broke a couple weeks ago.

Trying to find a time that would work for him as this was not an emergency. I had mentioned next week and he got me in today. Jeff and his son came and replaced the springs in less than an hour and at a great price.

As they worked I chatted with them and talked about their interests. When they had finished the job and were cleaning up I handed Jeff the check and a gospel tract(1,000,000 bill) I also gave one to his son.

 I mention that there is a gospel message on the back and ask that they would read it. I mention that there is nothing that I can say or do, it is between them and God. They thank me and we talk about an estimate on a new door in the future.

 So you see this is not the end of the witness only the beginning. Now we pray for the Lord to work in their lives. That someone would come and water the seed. Only God can make the seed grow not us.

Today is the day of salvation. Are you concerned for the lost, are you planting seeds? How are others going to water if there is nobody planting?

Everybody loves this verse. Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

If this is saying that you are the called according to his purpose. Then why do so many think that this one below doesn't apply to them?

Mark 16: 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

Mike 

No comments:

Post a Comment