Tuesday, July 30, 2013

God gives the increase

Mike, my brother in Christ!, I want to send you and the other Jesus Freaks who visited, prayed, and shared Christ's love with Greg and his family this latest update.  We have continued to visit Greg and his family every time we are on the North side.  Last Saturday, I received a call from his fiance, Katrina.  (I gave her my number some time ago, to call me for a ride to church, but she has never called.) Katrina seemed very desparate, and asked if I could come and talk to Greg.  My wife and I got to go and pray and minister to Greg and Katina, once again we shared the love of Christ and and salvation, and although, he even asked at one point if he could be saved today if he chose, when the time came, once again he pulled back, and didn't make a decision. 
Lately some words from a couple of verses have been pressing on my heart and mind, Psalms 46:10 (Be still and know that I am God) and Isaiah 40:31 (Wait upon the Lord), and I was reminded once again "that only God gives the increase" 1 Corinthians 3:7. Katrina and Greg committed to going to church with us the next day if we picked them up, and Praise God, the next morning Greg, Katrina and all six of their kids were there waiting.

And now for the let us come together and worship our Great Saviour, "whose mercies endure forever" -Psalms 136.  When I picked up Greg, he looked better than I ever saw him, a peace seemed to had fallen on him some time during the night.  He told me that He prayed and confessed that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and asked God to save him.  Hallelujiah!,  We continue to pray for Katrina and their six kids to come to salvation.
  
Greg asked if he could go to a men's Bible study at ICCM church tonight, so I will be picking him up and taking him, please pray for God's protection on him and his family during this critical time of his early Christian walk.  

I thank God for each of you that I had the priveledge to serve and do God's will with, and look forward to the next time God calls us together to further His kingdom, until then I pray Phillipians 4:7 that the peace of God, that passses all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus, in Jesus Christ name we claim this scripture over each of our lives, Amen!
Phil B.

No comments:

Post a Comment